Tuesday 14 April 2009

Sunday 18 May 2008: Dal Bhat

Sarah made what I believe could become her signature dish: vegetarian Dal Bhat, or Nepalese lentil soup and curried vegetables. The recipe stems from our visit to Nepal and an eventful evening with Narayan and his family in Pokhara, where he taught us how to make Dal Baht. The most important thing I think taken from the experience was the masala – that great blend of Nepalese spices – and the amount of everything used. I truly believe Sarah has taken Dal Baht to another level. She’s made it a few times and I believe every time she makes it, it just gets better (which bodes well for my selfish gastronomic gluttony). The lentil soup is awesome as is the curried vegetables with the masala spices. With some rice and a bit of unflavoured yoghurt – a feast fit for kings. I’m so fucking lucky. I look forward with salivation to the next Dal Baht meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment